Alfa
Giulietta
Motore
1.6 jdtm
Altre Auto
peugeout,
Hello there,

I am writing you from Istanbul.

I have Giulietta 1,6 jdtm (model year : 2013) at 15,550 km. Just returned from it's periodical maintenance.

I am very happy to owe this car but in Turkey we have limited maintenance and service possibilities. Sometimes when i turn the engine on, it gives automatic throttle irregularly about 10-20 seconds. Afterwards everything turns to normal. So i have a engine start problem which my service says "it's totally normal". But last year there was no such a problem. Basically i doesn't seem a reliable answer.

I uploaded a video about the problem ;

[video=youtube;IdlRlw637WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdlRlw637WU[/video]

if anybody has an idea, or previously had met with this problem please inform me. it will be appreciated

Thank You

Reactions: kormrider
Hi there! Unfortunately I had the same issue with my Giulietta 1.6 105 HP and I found that the problem was the throttle body. This part has an electronic control unit that manages the system and it might have a malfunction. I'm pretty sure you have the same problem. My Giulietta is covered by the guarantee and so I didn't have to pay anything.
Should you have other questions feel free to ask ;)

Ultima modifica da un moderatore:
Thank you Golden14 for your answer. I am on this "throttle body" issue.

I don't think it is a problem. Diesel engine have no throttle. (they have a throttle but it is only used to switch off the engine or to reduce the air flow when the egr valve is open).
Nevertheless yours is not a problem if it last only few seconds on starts

Hello piexe

i discovered that it is not only when i switch on the engine, also this wave can linger when i stop (while engine is on ).

Hello piexe

i discovered that it is not only when i switch on the engine, also this wave can linger when i stop (while engine is on ).

So check out the throttle body since I had the same problem when I stopped at the traffic light.

So check out the throttle body since I had the same problem when I stopped at the traffic light.

I will golden; this weekend i will be on service bay. I will update forum if they can find anything.

Hi again

golden you were right, , service finally described (after i insisted about your throttle body comment) problem as Butterfly Valve in throttle body and will change whole throttle body.

Thank you guys for comments.

Best wishes from istanbul.

Hi again

golden you were right, , service finally described (after i insisted about your throttle body comment) problem as Butterfly Valve in throttle body and will change whole throttle body.

Thank you guys for comments.

Best wishes from istanbul.

I'm very happy you found the problem!

Enjoy your Alfa ;)

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Ho lo stesso problema da novembre. Entro ed esco dall'officina....ma nulla d fare. Finalmente il 7 gennaio riesco a far rientrare l'auto in officina...ed è ancora là ferma a parcheggio senza che mi venga comunicato nulla. Il servizio clienti....tace. Intanto mi hanno dato una vettura sostitutiva (solo dietro mia esplicita richiesta). vi aggiornerò su cosa faranno.