Nuovo Alfista
28 Agosto 2009
GL
Regione
No Italy
Alfa
Motore
2.0 TwinSpark
I registered here because in Poland we can't cope with the problem in our Alfas.

The point is that we have a serious problem:

-- in the morning it won't exeed 2000rpm, even flooring it doesn't help.
Having to cope with the problem somehow I just feather the throttle for a few minutes and change the gears quickly and that way helps me to gain 30mph in town.
However, after a mile or so (or having bigger temperature, around 50C) it accelerates without any problems.

Second, occasionally (but very rarely: every couple of days) when I start the engine, it rattles heavily for a few seconds, and then it's all ok. Sometimes it won't stop and have to start the engine once again.

-MAF (voltage)
850rpm - 1,45-1,5V
7240rpm (cut-off) - max. 4,25V

- Lambda Sensor Integrator: 1,047
- Lambda sensor Pre-Cat St.: 0,03125
- Self Adap. FRA parameter - 0,9922
- Reg. Idle air-Flow - 13kg/h
- Injection Time - 3.3msec
- Battery Voltage: 13volt (850rpm)
- Engine load: 1,7-1,7-msec
- Throttle min. opening 28.58

The variator was changed and the oil is checked every 600miles. For the time being it needs around 0,1 litres so it's not the case (I use Motul 10w40 6100+). As for the spark plugs they were changed 15thousands miles ago

- it 'chuckles' a bit and is quite a bit weak from the bottom revs (like it's thinking 4 a while).

Besides, it's quite week, sth around 10s to 100km/h.

Please asnwer our pleades, because no one can help us. Mechanics can't tell what the problem is. There are no errors in ecu, so...

Thanks.

It's strange no mechanic is able to solve your problem.
Btw it seems you have the same problem i have on my car.
You said you changed your spark plugs 15000miles ago.... have you tried to remove them and see their conditions?
Other than that i'd advise you to check the air filter.

For the moment it's the best advice i can give you since we're figuring out what the problem is on my car too.
People here told me it may be a valve issue and you can't imagine how much i hope they're wrong.
Actually my mechanic is still on vacation so i'm waiting he to come back.

Let us know about your spark plugs!!!!

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Well, the plugs look very ok; there's no water in the plug holes either. I may change them, but the cost is awesome [think I bought a car with the cost of a mercedes].

- Do I need do buy NGK platinnum or any other are just fine with it?

- maybe the spark plug wires need to be changed too...

For the time being it turned out that the FRA parameter equals +46690 usek (according to unidiag). Somebody explained on one of forums that there's an air leak somewhere. I checked the pipes around the MAF and they're ok too.

It can be the matter of the sucked air whenever I want to fill the car with petrol - starnge thing, though.

-Besides I was told that my ECU is 0.55 form 1998 roku; however, themost recent one is obecna 0.66 for 0.261.204.270.

The previous version (older) could not cope with the idle rpms being rough and not regular and the lack of power when cold and whilst heating the car engine.