Alfa Romeo Stelvio - First Impressions are not as good as FCA marketing suggests

hardus77

Nuovo Alfista
18 Maggio 2019
Regione
Umbria
Alfa
Motore
2.0 TwinSpark
Hello everyone,

So I am lucky enough to be spending the week behind the wheel of 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, but I am not really impressed.

First of all, it is almost same cash as Macan based. Despite the specs, I bet it's not much quicker.

Also, Italian cars are supposed to be fun, exciting, imperfect in ways that win you over.

This one so far is the complete opposite. It's well made and plane jane boring.

It's like going out for a date with Monica Bellucci, but she shows up wearing the trench coat from the matrix, and when you talk to her replies by texting you on WhatsApp. <- this line is going in my review, don't steal it! :)

The engine and exhaust sound like any other 4-cylinder out there. Budget class.

Would you have this Macan based Stelvio over? I know Alfa's North American marketing has been great, but this car falls short of my expectations. It is good, but it ain't fun.

Your thoughts?

Don't know how many Italians car did you drive in your life to say that shoul be imperfects. I mean drive in the sense that is yours... The only part of you opinion I can share is the one concerning the sound. All the rest seems a bit strange... What you would expect for this budget of car? A fiat panda? Moreover here we speak as we eat as we say. And Monica Bellucci, well, she was nice but she consider herself more french than Italian... Maybe you should drive a Peugeot or why not a dacia and not an alfa. Saluti
Hello everyone,

So I am lucky enough to be spending the week behind the wheel of 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, but I am not really impressed.

First of all, it is almost same cash as Macan based. Despite the specs, I bet it's not much quicker.

Also, Italian cars are supposed to be fun, exciting, imperfect in ways that win you over.

This one so far is the complete opposite. It's well made and plane jane boring.

It's like going out for a date with Monica Bellucci, but she shows up wearing the trench coat from the matrix, and when you talk to her replies by texting you on WhatsApp. <- this line is going in my review, don't steal it! :)

Would you have this Macan based Stelvio over? I know Alfa's North American marketing has been great, but this car falls short of my expectations. It is good, but it ain't fun.

Your thoughts?

Well, not sure what's the price tag for Macan and Stelvio in North America, but in Europe, the Stelvio is about 10k cheaper than the Macan with the 2 liter engine. Without taking into account the options, that on Macan are way more expensive.
The Stelvio is an eye-catcher, fun to drive, beautiful to look at.
The Macan is just an overpriced Audi Q5 in disguise...

Cheers
Corrado

The Macan is just an overpriced Audi Q5 in disguise...

caro Corrado, il Q5 ha la stessa piattaforma della Macan, ma la somiglianza è tutta lì. Tutto il resto, meccanica, trasmissione, sospensioni, interni sono Porsche. In pratica è una macchina molto diversa dall'Audi, sicuramente molto più divertente e tecnologicamente avanzata. Macan è stata sicuramente l'esempio che ha seguito Alfa nello sviluppo di Stelvio, e Q5 non c'entra nulla nel confronto.

A parte le ovvie differenze meccaniche, ti assicuro che il family feeling VW è molto presente nel Macan, plancia, comandi, forme, è quasi imbarazzante. Ti parlo per esperienza. L'ho avuto per circa tre anni. Ma non è una polemica

Hello everyone,

So I am lucky enough to be spending the week behind the wheel of 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, but I am not really impressed. VidMate

This one so far is the complete opposite. It's well made and plane jane boring. Mobdro

Your thoughts?

Any Updates???

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Sembra che tu sia un giornalista automobilistico stanco che ha avuto un'overdose di macchine ad alte prestazioni nel corso della sua carriera. ;) shareit vidmate Io scherzo sulla piazza però: non la stai davvero guardando dalla prospettiva del mercato di riferimento. Continui a ripetere come la paragoni alla Macan, ma un fan della Porsche non prenderebbe mai nemmeno in considerazione un'Alfa (proprio come vuole FCA). Allo stesso modo un fan delle auto italiane probabilmente non prenderebbe in considerazione rapidamente una Porsche. Ad ogni modo, prova a cambiare mentalità e prospettiva: guardalo un po 'di più isolatamente. Non sto dicendo che ti sbagli, ma la prospettiva potrebbe essere.