JTS inlet camshaft differences

Luke

Alfista principiante
21 Settembre 2022
Regione
No Italy
Alfa
I have alfa 156 2.0JTS (2002 Belgian) I need replace exhaust camshaft (worn cam lobe). So i bought new set of good camshafts(used but good 2005).
In my alfa inlet camshaft is good but it's old version 60672220 and now i bought set of 2(they selling only sets here) so this new is 55186235, and question is if i should change to new version?
What differences between "updated" inlet camshaft and old, anyone have technical data?

My car is Belgian so theoretically its rated as 162hp, I don't know if they changed firmware for Belgian version? And it's 2002 so can have old firmware.
They really reduce power if yes it was in ecu?
I don't know if previous owner updated ecu firmware, but i can check version in MES.
What firmware versions are updated for reduce carbon deposit?

If i change to new inlet camshaft(55186235) how engine will work with old ecu(2002) lose power or gain?

Always can buy new engine ecu but i think need code ecu and keys for immobilizer do i need ignition switch too? Can be ecu form alfa gt for alfa 156(2002)?

Ultima modifica:
Any info about camshaft 60672220 vs 55186235?

Hi Luke, I haven't the info you asked, but, as you said:

- JTS engine at some point ( from engine 3643961 ) had some modification ( "Eper catalogue" says modification code is "D 6576" and engine, heads and inlet camshaft were involved )
- exhaust camshaft was not involved, it is same spare code before and post engine modification
- you think your car has JTS engine "before mod" type and it has exaust camshaft worn, so you buyed a set of used but good quality camshaft (both inlet and exhaust) and they are the "post mod" type

It seams to me that if you cannot collect more infos about the modification,
( and if you cannot directly compare camshaft 60672220 with 55186235 doing some measurements, searching differences )
and if your inlet camshaft is good, it will be more simple and prudent don't replace it, and replace only the worn exhaust camshaft,
as modification involved aldo head (just aerodinamics? or also mechanical quotes of some detail of inlet valves? ) and probably also ECU maps

If your actual inlet camshaft it is not good, i.e. partially worn, maybe you can do a bet replacing also inlet camshaft, maybe it could be a well working mod ( you should verify that it is at least mechanically compatible with the head in every detail )

Hope some people expert of this engine can help you more

EDIT: read here, it seams they say also ECU was modified, and that inlet worn camshaft was due to wrong oil type 10-40, oil type 10-60 is probably better for this engine:

Ultima modifica:
Thanks for answer I didn't replace the intake camshaft, i just measured cam height and on both are same.

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Complimenti per chi capisce la lingua, io non ho capito solo l'ultima frase.
Se non erro bisognerebbe scrivere in Italiano, magari utilizzando il traduttore, ho non ricordo bene il regolamento del forum?