Replacement DPF for Alfa Romeo 159 2.0 125kw

Psychofedex

Nuovo Alfista
16 Luglio 2021
Regione
No Italy
Alfa
Ciao ragazzi!

First of all, I would like to apologize for writing in English, but I really need some help and there's no better place for Alfa Romeo related things than the real Italian forum.

As the topic says, my 159 does not have DPF, I bought it like this a few months ago, and I didn't not about this.
I was in a trial with the previous owner and he needs to pay for the new DPF and installation.

The thing is, I need to install another DPF into the car since it wont pass yearly technical inspection.

There are a couple of replacement DPF such as Polish JMJ (300-400 euros) and German Henkel Parts (400-500e and 700e), and original Alfa (FIAT) one which is 1500e.

Since in my country, Serbia, having DPF is mandatory since just a couple months ago, there's no much people who were buying replacement parts.

Do you have any experience with those few aftermarket brands?
I do not want for the previous owner to pay for original if replacement brand will do the work, so I would really appreciate if you can share your experience regarding the topic, if you were installing one of those brands into your cars.

The pic of my beautiful car is in the attachment!

Thanks in advance!

Allegati

• 172754305_1524606671204298_7578372595292723083_n.jpg
    172754305_1524606671204298_7578372595292723083_n.jpg
    196.2 KB · Visualizzazioni: 213
Dpf costano abbastanza e non sono facili da trovare usati.. comunque credo che se cerchi in tt Europa Italia Germania ecc dovresti trovarlo in qualche sfascio.. se lo hanno tolto hanno anche sicuramente mappato centralina e dovrai ripristinare anche quella rimettere il dpf è abbastanza costoso se non hai il vecchio dpf… inoltre se non fai tragitti abbastanza lunghi dove lavora al meglio potresti avere molti problemi di rigenerazione… se non fanno troppo controlli e puoi lasciarlo senza ti consiglio di lasciare così come.. molti lo eliminavano per vari problemi perché essendo al centro del auto difficile che arriva bene in temperatura come le euro 5/6 che lo hanno subito attaccato alla turbina

Dpf costano abbastanza e non sono facili da trovare usati.. comunque credo che se cerchi in tt Europa Italia Germania ecc dovresti trovarlo in qualche sfascio.. se lo hanno tolto hanno anche sicuramente mappato centralina e dovrai ripristinare anche quella rimettere il dpf è abbastanza costoso se non hai il vecchio dpf… inoltre se non fai tragitti abbastanza lunghi dove lavora al meglio potresti avere molti problemi di rigenerazione… se non fanno troppo controlli e puoi lasciarlo senza ti consiglio di lasciare così come.. molti lo eliminavano per vari problemi perché essendo al centro del auto difficile che arriva bene in temperatura come le euro 5/6 che lo hanno subito attaccato alla turbina
You are correct, DPF is both physically and electronically removed, but costs will be covered for the remapping.

If it was me, I would not put it back, but from the next year, having a fully functional DPF will be mandatory by regulation
They are taking measurements of exhaust gases, but even if you are in the allowed range, they will still check if DPF is there or not, with OBD or some other thing. And if they see that DPF is gutted, you won't be able to pass the technical and register the car.

So now, I'm trying to find the best possible solution.

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Si, sulle 1.9 e sulle 2.4 dove il dpf era al centro, lui ha una 2.0 170cv euro5, lo ha davanti al motore :)

Da quanto scrive sembra che i controlli li facciano, e pure molto stretti (in teoria dovrebbero farli anche qui.... Ma sai come è....)

By the way, dear @Psychofedex, the only way to have your dpf back is getting a new or an used one from a junkyard.

As Gigi says, it won't be easy...

I've been looking for an old one myself - I wanted to test something... - but I had no luck and I haven't found it yet.