Alfa
Giulietta
Motore
1.4MA 170HP
Altre Auto
Giulietta 1.4MA 170HP with a lot of MODs
Honda Insight Hybrid
Hello Italian's and other nationals.

I have since a while some errors in my car wich does not show up on ODB and checklist on the dash.
While driving a while just out of the sudden in a random number my car runs perfectly put every 5/7? seconds it feels like its holding in for a second and you hear a weird noise. I can describe it as not enough fuel and air into the engine and it wants to shut off. And then it runs perfect again until the next 5 to 7 seconds and starts for a second again.
During this event the RPM drops high for a second when the sound and holding in comes. And when it is away for 5/7 seconds the RPM changes a lot while driving cruisecontrol on straight land (The Netherlands haha)

When i go to the side of the road and restart the car, everything is ghone and it doesnt happen again for minimal a week to a month or 2?
The RPMS go back to normal and the car feels better then ever?!

When i check my ODB it says nothing at that time or afterwards, neighter it says something on the dashboard.
When i drive my car to the dealership for a software reset, it doesnt come back for a long time until it is there again.

What can this be? Anybody has the same thing happening to their car?
I checked oil pressure, all ok. I checked the stationairy RPM's wich are ok.
Might it be filthy oil in the system or something else cloacking the system??

Greetings and thanks in advance to anybodies help!

Mitchell

Hello Italian's and other nationals.

I have since a while some errors in my car wich does not show up on ODB and checklist on the dash.
While driving a while just out of the sudden in a random number my car runs perfectly put every 5/7? seconds it feels like its holding in for a second and you hear a weird noise. I can describe it as not enough fuel and air into the engine and it wants to shut off. And then it runs perfect again until the next 5 to 7 seconds and starts for a second again.
During this event the RPM drops high for a second when the sound and holding in comes. And when it is away for 5/7 seconds the RPM changes a lot while driving cruisecontrol on straight land (The Netherlands haha)

When i go to the side of the road and restart the car, everything is ghone and it doesnt happen again for minimal a week to a month or 2?
The RPMS go back to normal and the car feels better then ever?!

When i check my ODB it says nothing at that time or afterwards, neighter it says something on the dashboard.
When i drive my car to the dealership for a software reset, it doesnt come back for a long time until it is there again.

What can this be? Anybody has the same thing happening to their car?
I checked oil pressure, all ok. I checked the stationairy RPM's wich are ok.
Might it be filthy oil in the system or something else cloacking the system??

Greetings and thanks in advance to anybodies help!

Mitchell
Hello, and thanks for choosing our forum.

It looks like you have sort of an injection problem, maybe due to dirty petrol or malfunctioning spark plugs. Could you take a video of the problem and post it here?

Ultima modifica:
Thanks blueshark!

I will try to film it when it happens again, please be patient since it happens on random numbers.

Thanks!

You're welcome! We'll wait for the video, I'm curious about this thing...

Mitchell, did you remapped the ECU or did you fitted a Tuning box?

Hello. Today it occured again!
I didnt remap or what else. My engine is standard.
In the next video you can hear at 5 sec and 17 sec what the issue is.
Also i noticed that my brakes wprls faster then before (small press instead of full to get a heavy brake)
And my turbo is blowing off more air then before.
But... when i go to the side of the road and let it run stationairy without turning off and drive away it suddenly stops. Except the turbo sound.
When i turn off and on the car, all problems are gone!
Ecu gives no issues on odb check..
weird??
Or does my car have a soal and says i want to stop or Go on! Haha
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3g8h4R6MpVA

Just looked to your video.
About brake pedal, that behaviour is normal when you select the D mode of DNA system. It's called pre-fill system and it is designed to provide faster brake response when driving fast.

About the fuzzy metal noise that you recorded in video, i think your multiair system could be faulty and it cant hold high rpm anymore...

I think you should urgently try to service your engine changing the oil with the selenia multiair 5w-40 and see if your car goes better...

I will change my oil. But the brake responce is only when this weird thing happens. I always drive in D since N is to mainstream haha.

Thanks ;)

It happens cause car cuts injection and probably ECU recognizes that Like when you leave the foot off the throttle when still accelerating...

Hope you will get rid of your trouble. Keep us informed

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Wich oil filter do you advise?

I am currently buying 3.5Litre on 5W40 C3.