Nuovo Alfista
25 Luglio 2020
Regione
Inghilterra
Alfa
Giulietta
Motore
2.0 JTDM GIULIETTA
Ciao my Italian friend I am from the uk and I require help updating my Radionav with Bose system from old blue interface to nice new one you guys have customised. My firmware is 1.22.03 and I can find no instructions or software on how to update it further. Grazie!

per favore ragazzi qualcuno mi aiuti?

Hello and welcome,
you have to check first the software version of your uconnect (the version you provided is probably wrong)
You can update maps if the version installed in your uconnect is not superior to 17.07.55 .. DO NOT UPDATE if you got version 18 and above because with the new versions there's a license check..if the check fails (and it would, because downloaded maps are not legit and not associated with your VIN) then your map won't be activated and the NAV part won't work till you get it fixed from the dealer. This is common if you bought your Giulietta recently or if your dealer or even yourself updated the uConnect with the latest version.

So, you can update your maps if your unit has a sw version up to 17.07.55...if this is your case here you can find instructions on how to do so but definitely you will find english instructions on XDA developers and relative links to grab latest maps which I believe are 2020.

Hello I'm trying to understand it all but I don't trust google translate and don't want to risk damaging my radio nav. If you could help me, I have a 2013 sportiva with radionav and bose system running 1.22.03 on the radio firmware.

Hi whistler, thank you for your help but I don't have uConnect mine is the older radio nav version. I want to do this update but I can't understand Italian instructions (I'm sorry Italiano friends!)

radionav_firmware-1.22.04_RMN.zip
Download the latest update here and burn it on a CD-R. Then insert it in your Radionav and turn the dashboard on. It should be recognized and it should prompt with the installation of the update. For extra safety I also had my SD card in with the same update files on it, just in case. If I remember correctly, I even kept the engine running during the update. Probably not needed but I didn't want to brick my radio lol.

Instructions and update link taken from this thread here

Reactions: tom6195
radionav_firmware-1.22.04_RMN.zip
Download the latest update here and burn it on a CD-R. Then insert it in your Radionav and turn the dashboard on. It should be recognized and it should prompt with the installation of the update. For extra safety I also had my SD card in with the same update files on it, just in case. If I remember correctly, I even kept the engine running during the update. Probably not needed but I didn't want to brick my radio lol.

Instructions and update link taken from this thread here

Thank you Obyboby54, unfortunately I am a Mac user with no cd-rom drive :( That is why I am asking for instructions as I think there can be problems when using a mac to format the SD card and copy the files over?

Also I have the Bose speakers, and don't want to risk breaking them by doing the update.

I'm also unclear on version numbers, since my firmware is 1.22.03 I presume it is safe to update with the 1.22.04 you attached?

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Thank you Obyboby54, unfortunately I am a Mac user with no cd-rom drive :( That is why I am asking for instructions as I think there can be problems when using a mac to format the SD card and copy the files over?

Just look for a tutorial that allows to format an SD card into FAT32 format. Otherwise find yourself a PC that allows you to burn the required CD. From what I can remember about updating my own radionav, the SD card wouldn't work alone, the procedure didn't work. I solved by using both the CD drive and SD card, but I have no way of telling whether the system took the files from the SD or the CD.

Also I have the Bose speakers, and don't want to risk breaking them by doing the update.

I don't see any connection between updating a software and breaking a bunch of speakers.

I'm also unclear on version numbers, since my firmware is 1.22.03 I presume it is safe to update with the 1.22.04 you attached?

Well yeah. Kinda obvious haha, "04" is higher than "03"