Aiuto colori Est/Int restauro Giulietta Spider

Thanks alot Machtild for your advices and answers. It really help me with my restoration.
I Think by the way i will do my interiors black with blue pipe and the moquette i would like to do it blue as well.. because my target is do it the most beautiful Giulietta and then sell it for a new project.
I have to talk about it with my company partner and i will let you know.
Anything about the capote? Mine is external.. yours?

I also have the external capote. I will do it black. White will always look dirty I think and in original it was also black.
If you target to sell I recommend to keep as original as possible.
Originality is very important at this high price levels :)
If you want to stay with the blue moquette I would wait after the car is painted and try out with colored paper or so. As the Dashboard and doors are also paintrd inside, the blue moquette could kill the contrasts inside the car that make the car especially beautiful.
If you look at the Giuliettas the interior always had cobtrast to the painting. Black with red, red with black, gray with red, blue with. White.... If you do the carpet wothput contrast it could damage the character and also make it harder to sell, although the moquette is inexpensive and easy to Change

Reactions: AlfistaPrincipiante
You have right, i will try different colours for the moquette.. about the capote do you think the external and the invisible chassis are the same? Can i trasformate my external in a internal one? (Also more beautiful in my opinion)
I found some informations about the 2 series capote and Alfa Romeo start with the internal one with 1serie, they change in external way in 2series but a lot of customers don't like it so they come back to the internal way for who ask for and for the 3serie too. This the info i found

I will keep it as it is. I‘m a fan of originality ;)
As far as I can remember you just need to remove the metal part that is bolted to the chassis to hold the top in place. Then it should work like the 1st series top. So I know if I think it is ugly I can always change it :)
But I am not 100% sure that this works so, maybe someone else here or on alfabb knows for sure
foto-0011.jpg

Ultima modifica:
Wow, very nice! You already painted the engine compartment i can see.. about the curve over the dashboard is yours blue, black or leather covered?
I attached a pic before restauration and you can see wrong seats, wrong moquette, wrong steering.. the dashboard was black painted..

Allegati

• 20170510_110508.jpg
    20170510_110508.jpg
    1.6 MB · Visualizzazioni: 206
It will get black wrinkle Paint, it also had it from the factory

It will get black wrinkle Paint, it also had it from the factory
I asked because i have seen some colored like the car.
Does your car have the "deflectors"? (Small triangle windows on the doors)
I think mine are modified aftermarket because the metal bracket is very bad modified with a ugly welding.. i think is born without

Don‘t think that the factory made cars with a colored dashboard top.
I just know wrinkle paint or leather.
I have the 101 wheel base, so I have the triangle windows.
I think there are also short wheelbase cars with triangle windows but this is a science and there are a lot of discussions about that on the web

Yesterday i bring the bumpers and some other pieces to chrome. When they are ready i will post you a pic of the metal bracket that hold the deflectors to show you what i mean.. Now i have to clean all the stuff was dirty down the car and repaint in black (suspension etc) .. where are you from? USA ?

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto