Giulietta MY14 - Sistema Multimediale Uconnect [INFO POST PAG.1]

Hi all. I found a 6.5 uconnect. Seller says he has never activated live services and he can provide vin number. So, all I need is to write the vin he provides to my cars ecu, an then activate live services with my cell phone?

Hi all. I found a 6.5 uconnect. Seller says he has never activated live services and he can provide vin number. So, all I need is to write the vin he provides to my cars ecu, an then activate live services with my cell phone?
si

If your Giulietta is <my16 you can't activate LIVE services anymore because the body computer can't be written through WiTech2 (official FCA service tool) with a VIN number different from the ECU one.

If your Giulietta is <my16 you can't activate LIVE services anymore because the body computer can't be written through WiTech2 (official FCA service tool) with a VIN number different from the ECU one.
Really? I did not know that. All I already did was to try to write VIN with alfa OBD but this was impossible. I thought though, that I could do it with Wi Tech.. In any case, I read that Live services will be available till 31/12. After that they will stop, or they will be replaced by Alfa Live or something?

Really? I did not know that. All I already did was to try to write VIN with alfa OBD but this was impossible. I thought though, that I could do it with Wi Tech.. In any case, I read that Live services will be available till 31/12. After that they will stop, or they will be replaced by Alfa Live or something?
AlfaOBD and MultiEcuScan cannot write the body computer node of the VIN, the WiTech2 procedure has been changed since 2018 in order to align the original ECU VIN to the ECM (uConnect) unit, no custom writing is possibile. Don't know about the LIVE services renewal...

So since 2018 and for <2016 vehicles, there is no way to activate live services, as vin writing is not possible?

In my U connect with APPS retrofitted on a MY2014, I used to have efficient drive and oil temperature gauge on. Several others were off. After having to restore 17.05 version, I lost efficient drive but kept all others.
I tried with other uconnect 6.5 with apps devises. One had efficient drive, but oil temperature gauge was off. Odometer was flashing and I could not fix it with proxy alignment either with wi tech, Alfa obd or
MES. With that device I could see the vin of the previous car, but I could not activate live services.
The other u connect device had no efficient drive or oil temperature gauge activated. Odometer was flashing as well. No vin number could be seen.
I am amazed from these differences. I would like to have both efficient drive and oil temperature gauge of course without odometer flashing but I can’t do that…

n my U connect with APPS retrofitted on a MY2014, I used to have efficient drive and oil temperature gauge on. Several others were off. After having to restore 17.05 version, I lost efficient drive but kept all others.
I tried with other uconnect 6.5 with apps devises. One had efficient drive, but oil temperature gauge was off. Odometer was flashing and I could not fix it with proxy alignment either with wi tech, Alfa obd or
MES. With that device I could see the vin of the previous car, but I could not activate live services.
The other u connect device had no efficient drive or oil temperature gauge activated. Odometer was flashing as well. No vin number could be seen.
I am amazed from these differences. I would like to have both efficient drive and oil temperature gauge of course without odometer flashing but I can’t do that…

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto
Bit 74 = 0A efficient drive
Bit 118 = 80 APPS
I think for all indicators working on Alfa Performance need body almost with fw 2.16 or up.
To activate Live need rewrite the original VIN on Alfa Romeo service so it will reset on server but you need know if live is still active and not expired.