Giulietta 1750 TBi 235 CV - Turbo Danneggiato!!!

Il possible put a foto of cracking ? I want understand . I had the same problem . But in my case if fault of the temperature for the catalyst

Here are some photos:

It was cracked when I bought the car probably, because when tuned, the turbo could not give more then 1.5 - 1.6 bar of boost

I installed a DP a few thousand km after I bought the car. The design of the original catalyst is soooo bad.

How much boost is maximum safe for the 235 and 240 turbo?

IMG-20190207-WA0078.jpeg
IMG-20190207-WA0080.jpeg
IMG-20190207-WA0081.jpeg

The pressure is ok 1.6 1.5 for max boost but i fink you go thin of fuel . The turbo is perfectli cleen . And when you remap try to go a little bet fat of fuel .. and the turbo inevitably it is a bit dirty with soot . have you the control of temperature exaust ? It seems a break for temperature..

I agree with ZioDaedrico. Too lean mixture caused very high temperatures and broke the turbocharger.

Stock turbocharger can push 1.8 bar at mid rev and max 1.6 bar at high rev but you keep the EGT or at least the AFR.
At full load it must be max 11.6 - 11.8 for safety EGT (max. 980°).

Wen driving normal, my AFR is around 14 and when on full throttle AFR is 11

Good value of AFR, the issue probably is due to the presence of the catalyst, that generate excessive back-pressure on the exhaust side of the turbocharger.

Reactions: Obyboby
Yes, the previous owner must have killed the turbo on the highway...

Reactions: beppe_qv
Buongiorno amici, mi unisco al gruppo dei TURBO-MENOMATI...:) Dopo 8 anni e 116000km credo di aver rotto il compressore...credo perché devo ancora verificare ma i sintomi ci sono tutti...nessuna fumata e nessuna spia accesa ma semplicemente perdita di potenza in autostrada seguita da un rumore di grattugia metallico e un rumore di sfiato...la macchina cammina ma appena mi avvicino ai 2000rpm sento "stoc" e inizia il rumore di macinino...che vitaccia...:(:(

Pubblicità - Continua a leggere sotto